Guarantee of Craftsmanship
To the Purchaser…
Davis Furniture (Australia) hereby warrants each item of furniture against defects in materials and workmanship (other than Fabrics, Leather and Cushion Fillings, which are covered by individual suppliers’ warranties), for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This guarantee shall only apply whilst the furniture is cleaned, cared for and maintained in accordance with the instructions provided. This guarantee does not extend to cover the furniture or any part thereof which in the opinion of the Company or its Representatives is worn by fair wear and tear and/or has been damaged by abuse, misuse, negligence or inadequate care.
If you feel that you have an issue and your furniture was purchased from a retailer prior to August 2014 then you must deal expressly with the retailer from whom you made the purchase.
If you wish to make a claim against this guarantee, please contact Davis Furniture directly using the contact form on this website.
This guarantee is issued only to the original purchaser and is not transferable or assignable.
Davis Furniture is manufactured from Natural Timbers sustainably managed and harvested according to Australian Forestry Standards (AFS) which are endorsed by the global Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). The natural features of timber result in finished products that display variation and individual characteristics. These characteristics include knots, wavy irregular grain patterns, gum veins and nondirectional grain, which should not be mistaken for faults. Your timber furniture may also change in colour and character over a period of time. These unique features ensure that you have an authentic, natural timber furniture product that will last for many years.
Care & Maintenance of Timber Furniture
To protect your furniture, we suggest the following:
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight.
- Arrange your furniture so it is not adjacent to heating or air conditioning outlets.
- Do not place furniture directly under windows.
- Do not place plastic materials (lamp bases, ornaments, etc) directly onto your furniture as certain plastics contain ingredients that may react with and damage the finish.
- Protective padding is strongly recommended when using your furniture as a writing surface, especially when using a pencil or ballpoint pen.
- Clean up spills quickly. Water left over a prolonged period of time may cause damage. Alcohol, perfume, nail polishes, aftershave and some medications may cause severe finish damage if not cleaned immediately.
- Polish your furniture regularly. Use a clean, soft, dry, lint free absorbent cloth, rubbing the polish in the direction of the grain. Do not use polishes that are silicone based, due to the difficulty of removing residue should repair or refinishing become necessary.
- Always follow the Care Label instructions for Fabrics and Leather. In time, fabric or leather will develop ‘comfort creases’ which are a normal occurrence and not considered a defect.
Made to Order
We specialise in custom made solid timber furniture.
Through one to one consultation we will design and create something unique.